Friday, April 10, 2009

And The Two Became ONE….

We had a wedding last weekend! It was picture perfect! The weather was beautiful after a week of storms. The sun shone bright, the breezes blew cool… it was beautiful. Seagrove Beach, Florida was the setting and the two families including the wedding party, stayed together in two exquisite beach houses "Above it All"  and "Triple Crown" which shared beautifully landscaped grounds known as “The Lawn.”  The wedding took place on the beach behind the houses and the Rehearsal Dinner (Mexican Fiesta) and the Wedding Reception were both held on The Lawn.

It was special… and a bit emotional (hey, this is my first to wed!) Things went very well with no major setbacks… really, no minor setbacks either. It was a wonderful several days which culminated in the birth of a new family!  The video below shows a small sampling of the pictures taken over the 3 days of fun, sun, celebration and wedding festivities.

 

And now the countdown is on to August 22nd when Nathan and Amelia will marry!  Goodness!! After that, we hope to have a several year break before the next wedding occurs! My brother suggested paying the other three NOT to marry! LOL!!

I hope to blog a bit more regularly in the days to come. It’s enjoyable.. more so than Facebook or MySpace. I feel it’s more like enjoying a personal visit around the kitchen table as opposed to the superficial feel of FB and MS. No promises that I’ll write daily. But I do hope to write “regularly.”

Take care everybody… all one or two of you who still check in here!

7 comments:

The Bean said...

Thank you so much for posting that! It looked like a beautiful wedding and an absolute blast. I know you enjoyed having the whole crew together for a few days. I miss you guys!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Lynn!!
Oh my goodness, what great photos!! Thank you for sharing. Gretchen is gorgeous. It is so nice see pics of everyone, the whole family. Lynn, you have a beautiful family.
Wishing you a happy and blessed Easter dear friend.
lots of love
~hugs~

Pam said...

Lynn, just wanted to let you know that I doing my main blogging at
http://uk.geocities.com/moore_country

Thanks for the compliment on the pic I posted on blogger of me with friends. :)
xoxo

Sue said...

Lynnie... what a gorgeous slideshow. Your Gretchen looked SO beautiful and happy! How are the newlyweds doing? All settled into their new home?

You looked great BTW! Thanks for letting all of us share in your family's big day! Feel like we've gone the whole way from the engagement to the wedding!

Blessings on you Sweet Friend!
Hugs xo

Susan said...

Hi Lynn, glad to see you post here, enjoyed the pics again and your Tax Teaparty! Have a great week. Hugs

Tänia said...

How beautiful. *sigh* A spring wedding... so lovely!


Tänia of Faith Prints

Julie said...

I had seen some of the photos but not in this beautiful presentation....simply beautiful. I'm sure you wonder where the years have flown to. Wonderful World was just right...great choice. Luv you my friend xoxoxo