Friday, October 31, 2008

This and That

 

I appreciate those who took the time to leave a comment in the previous post. Those who haven't yet, you can still leave one just to let me know you've been by for a visit.  I appreciate having a sense of who comes by for a visit... and by the way - NONE of you who left a comment are guilty of the threatening communications! A couple of you seemed concerned I might be speaking of you!  I'm not censoring lively debate/discussion. I'm just sounding off against "over the top" behavior.  You all know what I'm talking about.  Also glad to meet a couple of newbies who commented. Thanks for letting me know who you are.  I have been excited to see a couple of visitors are stopping in from my 'hometown' - you Selma visitors leave me a comment !

It's no secret that I am voting for McCain/Palin this coming Tuesday. I put a lot of stock in who our military support as their commander-in-chief. They are putting it all on the line TO DEFEND OUR FREEDOM and their opinions do definitely count, to me. 

Recently polls indicated that there is overwhelming support for John McCain among US troops in every branch of the armed forces by a nearly 3-1 margin. 68 percent of active-duty and retired servicemen and women support McCain, while 23 percent support Barack Obama. The numbers are nearly identical among officers and enlisted troops.

They are positioned around the world, and very well qualified to see the alternative to freedom and democracy.  Their solid endorsement of John McCain is a strong statement.

I read yesterday's post at UNFAIR DOCTRINE, a defender of 1st amendment rights.  It's a short, but very good post concerning our right to freedom of speech and how our current democratic candidate is ALREADY doing a rather good job of "squashing" that right among those who dare to question or disagree with his positions on anything. He's not yet made a single policy but his pre-election behavior is an ominous sign. 

WHAT SAY YOU, democrats?

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have seen this video before and it sure touches my heart. You do a great job on your post!!! Keep them coming!!

Michelle said...

Hi Lynn,

I'm definitely with you on voting for MCain and Palin. Sorry to read about unfriendly visitors. It's just to sad to see how people can't be nice when they need to express their own views.

Well I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

God Bless~Michelle

Sarah said...

Just posting to say hi as you asked. Don't want you to think that I'm guilty of the abusive communications I've received. I've recently started reading your blog - so probably fall into the unknown traffic category!

Sarah :)

Julie said...

Thank you for having me here.

This is not just an election with results Americans need to fear, but all the world. The outcome of this will reach us all I'm sure of it. It is so important that people voted today and had their voice heard. I had no idea about the extreme views and intentions of Obama, so I appreciate you spelling it out so clearly.

It's such a shame that you were forced to pw protect your blog, but I would do exactly the same in your shoes. I'm pleased you got the word out there and I'm sure gave people food for thought.

Hang in there sweets, you're doing a great job. xx