Monday, September 29, 2008

Checking In... And Conducting a Little Sale Here...

I'm sorry to be so irregular in posting. It's just hard for me to sit down here and write anything these days. Times are tougher than tough and that's all I have to say about that.

Over the weekend my Alabama Crimson Tide beat the 3rd ranked Georgia Bulldogs in Athens, GA. We were thrilled! When I was in 10th grade we lived in Athens, Georgia for a year before moving over to Atlanta. I know how fanatical they are about their "dawgs"!!  To this day, I still like those scrappy bulldogs, but I LOVE my Crimson Tide! We prevailed Saturday and are now ranked 2nd in the nation! We have some tough games ahead of us, but I have faith we will get the job done, a week at a time!! ROLL TIDE!!!

The man who was kind enough to point me to the laptop charger on eBay (couple of weeks ago) also fixed my PC which died several months ago. He did it for a very reasonable price (half of what Best Buy quoted me, to fix it.) It is as good as new which I was so happy to hear because it was a nice (expensive) computer. But unfortunately I don't have the funds to retrieve it from him at this time. And don't foresee having those funds any time soon. It may be months before I can get it back. I hope he'll be patient as I told him up front, I didn't have the money to pay for the repairs at this time.

We have to make some critical changes in our household, immediately. Those changes involve finances - the big ones being the house and car. We need to get rid of both and would so covet your prayers for that to happen, and right away. We are stretched so thin that buying groceries and gas (both of which are needed)  has become difficult.

If any of you are in the market for a good camera which has been well cared for, used minimally (just under 1 yr old) please contact me. Mine is for sale. Asking price is 300.00 and that includes camera and all accessories which came with the camera, and I will even throw in the nice camera bag I purchased for it. I will throw in the  1gb.pro memory duo stick and the memory stick adaptor as well. (these add'l accessories are worth 55.00)

The camera is a high end point and shoot with optional full manual settings. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-H9B, 8.1 Megapixel, 15x Optical/2x Digital Zoom, Digital Camera (Black)(DSCH9B). It can be seen HERE.  A small picture of my camera is on this page in the upper left corner of my sidebar as well. This model is presently going on eBay for 300.00 - used and listed as showing moderate wear. By contrast, mine is in brand new condition with no wear or scratches. It is kept clean and in a well padded camera bag. The battery has been charged less than 10 times so you can see it has not been used very much. And mine includes additional accessories.

Prices for a brand new one in the box are ranging from about 359 - 699.00. The average price of a new one (if bought from a reputable dealer online) is around 389.00-439.00. In watching the prices since I bought last year, this camera has NOT declined in price or value over the past year as most models do! The 15X optical zoom is an amazing feature which is extremely hard to find!

With the tender loving care I have given mine, the minimal usage, the additional accessories I am including (nicely padded bag, pro memory stick and adaptor) I feel 300.00 is a fair price. I paid right at 460.00 for the whole works that I am offering for 300.00. Contact me if you are interested in purchasing this high end point and shoot. This is about the top of the line unless you want to go into DSLR cameras. I do not want to sell this gem of a camera, but NEED to sell ASAP.

Thanks for reading through this post. Keep us in your prayers. Relationships and finances are strained to the breaking point in our family.  I'll post as I am able.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

xo
lisa

Doralea' said...

Hi Lynn,
Soooo sorry to hear of your financial problems. Sorry you may have to give up your home and car also as I know you love them!! Isn't there some way 6to get second morgage or some different financial payment plans set up?
Please know you're all covered with prayers and thoughts daily
Big Hugs~~Doralea'

~Pam~ said...

Hi Lynn,
I am so sorry to hear about your financial problems. If I hear of anyone looking for a camera I will certainly let them know about yours.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
lots of love and hugs

AmyB said...

Lynn,

Just wanted you to know I'm still around and am here if you ever need anything.

Love,

AmyB

Mary said...

Check your email Lynn! It was great talking with you. Praying God's blessings on you and your family.

Love, Mary

Sue said...

Ahh Lynnie... I'm so sad to hear about the huge struggles and strains in your household. I will most definitely be praying for you that God meets those needs and blesses you beyond your hopes and dreams. I unfortunately don't need a camera, but will be praying that someone who does finds your post and buys that from you.

Big hugs & lots of prayers
xo

~Sindee~ said...

Hi Lynn,
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles right now. It seems many of us are enduring financial hardships. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. (((Hugs))) :)

Terry said...

Sorry things are so tough for you right now. Hang in there and know my thoughts and prayers are with you! Hugs! :0)

Susan said...

Hi Lynn, sorry to hear you have to sell your camera. It is a very good deal, and I wish I could get it. I will be praying for you all. Hugs