Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Living...

Wow... a week has gone by since I last posted. The routine is different in the summer with the girls home, and still doing without my own computer makes my online time more erratic.  We've had ball tournaments the last two weekends but will be off for Father's Day weekend. Thank goodness! We need the rest and the break.

Katelyn's little rec league team made it to the championship game in city play-offs. They came in as runner up champs which was very good for them. All Stars will be chosen later this week and perhaps she will make that team. We'll see.

I do have some pictures to add here but don't have the time to upload them right now. Perhaps later I can do a photo post! I know... I've been slacking. There are things going on, stresses occurring that seem to sap my mental energies for blogging. Like so many American families, we are struggling to survive.

Life is hard.

Persevering...

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm looking forward to the photos, Lynn. I was just thinking I need to get my camera dusted off and start using it on a regular basis again like you and Diane do. I love to see those pics. I guess it's true that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Have a great week.

Love, Mary

Kimberly said...

Look forward to seeing the pics. It seems like it gets harder and harder for Americans to survive with all the prices going up up and up on everything.

Hope you do have a great summer with your family.

Julie said...

Hi Missy Moo,
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Has it been easier or harder since buying your own home? I'm interested to know your opinion on that since I know it was a dream for quite some time.

Photos are great when you have time to add some, so fire away.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers, they are so very much appreciated. Whenever the kids travel, I always get their itinerary and of course it has all the departure details followed by their return ticket details. It really hit me when I looked at their itinerary this time..there is no return ticket and Australia won't be home for them anymore. I'm not doing well with coming to terms with that. My head says the Lord knows exactly what he's doing...my heart is being pulled in two by that invisible thread that forever binds us to our children, no matter how old they are. In many ways it feels like reliving the grief of losing our son Nathan all over again. There is evidence of their existance everywhere around us, but that empty silence of where they have been but no longer are. It's going to take time...a long time. When you lose kids, the ones you have are extra precious. Letting go is never easy.

Have a blessed week my sweet lil sis, and you're very much in my prayers also. (((((hugs))))

Susan said...

Hi Lynn, Enjoy the summer with your family. How is the piggie doing?