Monday, May 05, 2008

When it Rains it Pours...

I may be rather sporadic in posting here for a bit. Over the weekend my hard drive bit the dust. I had about a ten minute warning that "hard drive failure was imminent - back up files immediately." I tried to...  smile_sad

You always hear about such things happening - the "blue/black screen of death"...but it's never happened to me, to my computer. Never had a hard drive actually fail. It was pretty dramatic... and sad... especially since the computer is only a year and 3 months old... just out of warranty, of course. I am presently using the" kids computer" which has none of my files on it, so I feel very much at a disadvantage trying to use this one. 

I don't know when things will get back to normal. I'll be investigating the cost of replacement hard drives for my computer, but I have to wonder if other things are also wrong with it. I surely can't afford another computer right now.

We had some other issues crop up in addition to the computer's death which put us under a great deal of financial stress. I think it's safe to say that this day has been a total bummer.

I'll be back on as I am able.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh what a bummer, especially with the warranty just out. That is such a frame since I know many loved ones live in that box on your desk. I'm so sorry you had that happen.

My laptop is on the verge of doing the same, the only way I can use it is to remove all programs! How handy! Really all I can do on it is surf the net and e-mails and that's it. Thankfully I've been able to save all the photos off mine and graphics. I hope you'll be able to find a cheap harddrive...God allows everything for a reason, he didn't cause it, but he has allowed it, so that means He's at work. Who better to have on our side! Love you girl. Tomorrow will be a better day xx

Diane said...

Awwww computers...gotta love 'em. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. What a bummer. :( Hope things look up soon!

Kimberly said...

so sorry to hear of your computer death; that is NOT good. My daughter has had one do that, and lost a bunch of stuff. It is certainly a sad day I know. Hope tomorrow is a brighter day!!!

Mary said...

Hi Lynn,

I am sorry too to hear about your computer woes. That happened to me about a year ago. Michael and I tried to save the hard drive but...... :-/ I'm pretty good at backing up now. We learn the hard way. I really appreciate your stopping by even though it's no fun without your own 'puter.

Hugs, Mary

Tera said...

CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a bummer. I truly sympathize because this JUST happened to me!! I too had never seen the screen of death before. :/ It is a disheartening sight. Jason put a new hard drive in for me and I am running again. I am so, so sorry that this happened to you, Lynn. :( God bless.