Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day...

Mother's Day was nice here. The weather was warm and windy! My younger kids who are still at home got me a nice Wolfgang Puck knife set that I had been eyeing for several months now. puckknives

One day when I was in Sam's Club a while back, I was on the row where the knives were displayed and two ladies walked up and started talking about the knives. They both highly recommended the set so I came home and told Bobby about them. I just never seemed to have the extra money to get the set, though I continued to look at them every time I went to Sam's! Well, they remembered and bought the knives for me for Mother's Day. I haven't used them yet, but they are very sharp - I know that!

My Gretchen sent me a card with a gift certificate to get an hour massage at Westwood Day Spa. That'll be a nice treat! The sentiments expressed in the card were so special though - long after the massage is history, I'll be cherishing the card. Katelyn drew me a pretty card and everyone at home signed and wrote messages in it, so that will be cherished as well.  Nathan called me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. All in all, it was a pretty good day. thumbs_up

4 comments:

Diane said...

Oh good! I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. After your comment on MY whiny Mother's Day post a while back, I was worried!
Have a great day!

Denise said...

Oooh those look lovely knives, hope you get to use them soon. Glad to hear you had a lovely day - you deserve it.
(((((hugs)))))

Mary said...

I'm the same way about sappy cards, Lynn. I told Debbie I save hers and when ever I get depressed I pull them out and read them. They always cheer me right up.

Glad you had a good one!

Hugs, Mary

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had a nice day, Happy Mother's Day to you again!!!