Thursday, May 01, 2008

AGGRAVATION...

Do any of you have issues with health insurance and not being able to choose health care providers based on their skills and personalities that you get along with? I am feeling so aggravated because in January we received new insurance through Bobby's work. I am finding out that we are so restricted in who we can choose as our dentist since moving. And we are restricted in our choice of doctors as well. It is doing me no good to speak to people in our new community and get their recommendations for good health care providers, only to find out they are not on our list so if we use them, this insurance won't pay!

Before we left Panama City back in January, Hannah, Katelyn and myself had our teeth cleaned. It was time for our cleanings and we went on, expecting the newly acquired insurance to cover it. Always in the past, any dental insurance we've ever had, has covered all preventative care such as cleanings, regardless of whether the dentist used was in our network or not. Cleanings were always paid at %100 because they would rather pay for preventative care than to pay for more expensive repair work. Now if any further work was needed and we used a dentist out of network, he would be paid less than if we used an in-network dentist. We would be responsible for more out of pocket money. But I found out last week, three months after those cleanings, that the insurance will not pay for them at all!  WHAT?? And I cannot seem to get through the maze of automated menus to speak to a human being on the phone, to appeal my case!! I am getting spittin' mad over this! GRRRR!

What do you do when you cannot speak to a human being on the phone?? I owe the dentist a couple of hundred dollars now and I don't have it! We never would have had the cleanings if I had known this up front. I just never dreamed they would not pay them - never heard of such!

Speaking of automated menus on the phone, I'm totally aggravated with the bank our car is financed through as well. It is located in North Carolina, and I cannot reach a human being on the phone to get a copy of my car title so I can get an Alabama car tag!! Grrrr!!! I reached a person ONE time back in February, by punching in something very unrelated to what I was calling about - and they told me they didn't have a copy of my title!?  HUH!?  I said "well you financed the car - you have to have the title until it's paid off, and then you mail it to me, releasing me from the lien!!"  She said actually, the state of Florida has the title and she must contact them to see about getting it and it will take some time - a few days, she said. I NEVER in my life heard of such!!  So that conversation took place back in February, and here it is now May!! I NEVER heard from that bank again, and have yet to receive a copy of the title - and have yet to get an Alabama tag! And I cannot remember HOW I worked my way through the phone menu maze back in February, to finally reach a human!

This is all so aggravating!!  Grrrrr......

Sigh...

6 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. I'm battling with my insurance co. right now, also. I had an annual 'girl' exam not too long ago, and they're not covering it because they're saying it's not considered 'preventative'. WHAT THE HECK? What is it, then? I certainly didn't go because I LIKE those exams! LOL. Anyhoo, good luck. It is SOOOOO frustrating.

Diane's sister, Carol said...

Hi Lynn,
I *think* you can reach a human on most automated systems by simply pressing 0 (zero), even if it isn't one of their menu options. Worth a try, right?

Lynn said...

Hey Diane's sister! LOL!

Already tried that! That smartie pants menu voice said "I'm sorry. Your selection was invalid. Please select another option!" Grrrrrrr!!!

I did it 3 times and she said that every time, so I slammed the phone down in frustration! : /

Yes, sometimes companies have it set to where you can press zero or press the star key and it bypasses the menu and takes you to a (human) customer service rep. (They ALL should be that way!)

Unfortunately, neither the bank in NC that is financing my car nor the insurance people for our health insurance includes this option on their menus. They're both poopie, huh!

Thanks for trying though!

Kimberly said...

I know that is soooo frustrating. I work at a physicians office and we have to deal with that all the time; it's soo aggravating. All the paperwork can be very overwhelming and when you call the insurance companies when you get a warm body one person will tell you one thing and if you call back you will most likely get a different answer and sometimes you get "Oh I don't really know?" - Hello, don't you work there?? What frustrations.

Kacy said...

Hi Lynn....sorry to hear about your frustrations. I had a few of my own yesterday. And why do we always have to get automated voices? What happened to customer service??? Hope you get it worked out. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

Tänia said...

You are hitting a sore spot with so many. I went through this with our cable company recently... (okay, not as bad as yours but...) I had stopped drafts on an account and moved to a new account and they kept drafting the old account which caused an NSF fee and each time I called them they assured me that it was not going to happen again... but four drafts later and $112 in nsf fees... they were still doing it. I waded through the recordings, talked to naive untrained CSR's and then was switched to a supervisor, supposedly, which was a glorified CSR 2 and was treated like cow dung. Finally, I googled the owner of the whole dang cable outlet nationwide and found his email addy. I emailed and knew it was a shot in the dark. The man emailed me back in five minutes and my prob was handled in two hours with a nice fat credit on my account! WOW!

About the Florida tag thing, to verify the information, call Tallahassee and just double check. It's been a while, but it seems that they do have a copy of title on file... just can't remember for certain. Worth a try though.