Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HAPPY EARTH DAY...

DSC09500sm "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Psalm 24:1-2

Today is "Earth Day." Though not a fanatic, I do find myself trying to be aware of more things these days, with regards to how we treat the world God has made us stewards over. One of the things that I think is a really great idea and we all can painlessly do - buy those reusable tote bags and USE them! It's the latest rage and you can get them in all styles and all prices from 99 cents up to hundreds of dollars for the designers bags! Now that's crazy - don't go designer unless you have more money than you know what to do with (in that case, help others!)

But the concept is wonderful and it really would make a big difference in landfills, for air quality, and for the trees that enhance life on earth. They are available EVERYWHERE. I did a Google search for Reusable Shopping Bags - take a look! There are lots to choose from. They're FUN! And they will make a difference! What are some things you have incorporated into your lifestyle that are earth friendly?

Poor Katelyn - her team took a whipping last night. They played the team that is "stacked" with last years' all-stars. UGH. I did shoot several pictures of her though...

DSC00283sm DSC00284sm DSC00287sm DSC00286sm

Have a good day friends!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl:-)

i use my whole foods bags at the grocery store and we seperate all garbage into three bins, compost waste; aluminum; plastic; and carboard, who would have ever thought i would be a station wagon driving, tree hugging, hippie chick who feeds her kid only organic stuff and won't let her husband put anything non-organic on our lawn LOL

i need your new number so i can call you and we can catch up - it has been much toooo long!

have a beautiful earth day - i'm going to go plant some stuff...and sneeze - hee hee hee (dang pollen!)

xo
lisa

Denise said...

Well I just did that exact thing this morning. My local grocery store was selling the reusable bags for 99c each. Actually you could get one free if you brought in some old plastic bags! I didn't plan on shopping so I had none with me, but when I popped in there for a few things I bought 5 green bags and will use them from now on. Anything they can't fit in there when i get my weekly shop I will put in paper bags. I've been a naughty girl and used plastic for far too long!
Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs Denise

Kimberly said...

Looks like your family is having fun!!!!

Mary said...

wellllll, I brought my cloth bags out of the trunk and put them in the front seat. Does that count?

Hope you're having a great day, Lynn! Katelyn looks like a natural. :)

Love, Mary

Pam said...

happy day to you! :) I just emailed you in lieu of a comment. Let me know if you don't get it. :) xoxo

Jana said...

Howdy stranger! Haven't been by in a while...lost ya on the internet, I guess. Good to "see" you again. Hope all is well with you and your neck of the woods! And I'll be back to visit again. :)

Lotsa hugs!

Julie said...

Thank you mam....your info is most helpful. I'll give that a try tomorrow since it's after midnight now. I really appreciate your instructions, and I'm sure others will find them helpful also. you're a treasure. Go and catch some rays for me....our sun can't remember how to shine, however tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny...wonderful. Have a great day, your photos here look awesome!